429 Hermitage St, Philadelphia PA, 19128 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 717-333-4103
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER KARR BARTH ADMINISTRATORS, INC. – PHILADELPHIA, PA
NOV 2013 - PRESENT
- Took leadership on many projects which I conceived, designed, developed, tested, published, and maintained.
- Modernized processes and streamlined development workflows to reduce time spent on boilerplate code, maintaining project references, and design unit tests
- Converted our SQL system from a single database to a source-controlled version to monitor changes properly
- Drove development towards a single cross-platform web-based solution with research
- Worked closely with team members to find the best solution to our problems
- Architected layered framework for web front end to database backend with dependency injection for unit testing
.NET DEVELOPER COMPUTER AID, INC. – HARRISBURG, PA
AUG 2010 - NOV 2013
- Spearheaded the design and development of three separate applications end-to end. Wrote all the code and fixed all the bugs for this set of applications within the larger project, consisting of 12 applications.
- Developed an MVP code structure in C# for use in the reworked app
- Designed and implemented C# code for complex SQL data migration
- Integrated multiple software pieces through use and maintenance of APIs
- Collaborated with team members to create modern software using the latest technologies (at the time) such as ASP.NET 4.5, LINQ, and jQuery 2.0
- Designed and refactored database structures to meet business requirements, increase performance, and simplify storage
- Researched and implemented solutions to improve system performance
- Worked remotely for a year and was equally (if not more) productive
JUNE 2012 - PRESENT
Designed and constructed a web application for managing DJs, Programs, and tracking songs for WIXQ- Millersville University’s student-run radio station. http://wixq.com
- Learned and explored latest features (at the time) of .NET 4.5 and SQL Server 2012
- Implemented through Windows Azure
Created a C# assembly to submit RSS feed items to reddit.com
- Allows running multiple bots on separate threads to submit to various subreddits from different accounts simultaneously and continuously.
- Code open-sourced and available at https://github.com/DrLeh/reddit-rss-bot/
Maintain my own personal website for small projects and info on myself http://devonlehman.com
Conceived, designed, and created ShareTube, a web site for watching videos in real time with other users
- Developed the first version in one weekend that worked better than competitors sites.
- Learned technologies such as web sockets that I was able to apply to my other work.
- Solved problems involving optimizing resources, data persistence paradigms.
- Located at http://sharetube.org
WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER MESSIAH COLLEGE – GRANTHAM, PA
MAY 2009 – DEC 2009
Created a PHP web application for reporting data entered by end users using a text messaging system on mobile phones in Zambia to assist in record-keeping for Non-profit organization World Vision.
WPF, MVVM, Java, MySQL, CSS
Visual Basic .NET, Perl, Python, OpenGL, Scheme, Prolog, F#
MESSIAH COLLEGE, GRANTHAM, PA
B.A. COMPUTER SCIENCE
- GPA: 3.5 / 4.0 in Computer Science, 3.2 / 4.0 overall
- Relevant Courses: Programming I and II, computer hardware, database management and applications, data structures and algorithms, assembly language, computer graphics and artificial intelligence.
- Reconstructed an application in PHP for The Collaboratory, a Messiah College student service organization, to track student attendance.
Wrote a plugin for the Eclipse IDE with Google Wave to create a realtime collaborative development experience. More info in the Achievements section.
At Karr Barth Administrators I was brought on to support the three-person team of software developers. I was able to take the leadership on many projects which I conceived, designed, developed, tested, published, and maintained. I brought many modern ideas and workflows to the team. We were able to streamline our development process and after losing a member of our three person team we were able to continue without a new hire due to my ability to get work done correctly and in a timely matter.
As a junior developer, I had assumed the role of a senior developer on my team at Computer Aid Inc. I have made many key design and architectural decisions. I was often the go-to person to answer technical questions on our team, even when I only had two years of experience. I led our team to many design decisions that have saved countless hours in coding time.